Interview on Dead Good Poets Radio

Ashley Lister interviews me on the Dead Good Poetry Show, on my poetic influences (with some archival recordings from Louis MacNeice and Dorothy Parker), five principles I'd offer other poets, and my current novel.
Plus, I read three of my poems: "Drowsy Substrata" (the earliest poem I still like, written when I was seventeen), "The Dream of the Yellow Room" (from Anachronism and published in the BFS Journal Winter 2012), and "The Meaning" (from my novel in progress, The Artist and the Mathematician).

or right-click the link to save onto your iPod / whatnot (mp3) and carry my dulcet tones about with you. It's like having a tiny Megan inside your head.

The Dead Good Poetry Show plays live on Saturday nights from 8pm to 10pm (UK time) - you can listen online from the links here. You can also join the Dead Good Poets' Society facebook page.

Thanks to Ashley Lister for a great interview and Fiona Thraille for her audio jiggerypokery skill to twiddle levels and such like.

Now and Next

Coming Next:

Make a wish for a Summer of Writing
SATURDAYS IN AUGUST
One-day workshops in Oxford

WISH-LIST NOW OPEN

What workshop would you love to go on, if it existed? Add it to the wish-list!

MAKE A WISH BY 1 April 2024

Story Elements Creative Writing course
APRIL–JULY 2024
Online OR In person

NOW OPEN FOR BOOKINGS

Explore the 12 key elements of story architecture in lively workshop-style classes.

READ MORE AND BOOK

Get new blogposts and updates by email

Tick which emails you'd like to get (you can tick both):

I won't share your email with anyone else. You'll get emails from me only, when a new blogpost is published, and about once a month with updates about the courses and a batch of writing prompts. All emails are sent via MailChimp and you can unsubscribe at any time. Add megan@thewritersgreenhouse.co.uk to your address book if you want to keep the emails from vanishing into spam.